1. The artwork was done by co-founder Patrick Joseph. While this is Patrick’s first foray in the NFT scene, he has been creating art for over 30 years. The Roos were hand drawn and digitized before being randomly generated with millions of different combinations. The Roos will be minted on roocrew.io and revealed on OpenSea.io. The initial product launch will be 5,000 individual ERC-721 tokens (“Roos” or “NFTs”) with generative traits. There is a fixed price of 0.05 ETH + gas fees. And no more than ten (10) Roos can be minted per a transaction. This gives everyone a chance to mint their own.
2. RCS is and will always be transparent and community driven. All rights that are not specifically granted to the users and owners of ROO NFTs are reserved to RCS. This includes, but is not limited to, the intellectual property rights associated with “Roos ”, “Roo Crew”, “Roo Crew Sports”, and similar used names, logos, trademarks, the website, the look and feel of the user interface, the smart contract code, the generative traits in general, and any future community wallet. RCA reserves the exclusive right to use those IP rights for any future merchandising, game, and/or movie/television/streaming content purposes.
3. You will own your Roo NFT. By connecting your ethereum wallet and minting a Roo with our smart contract, you will gain full and complete ownership of your NFT.
4. You own exclusive commercial rights to your Roo. You will own full commercial rights to your Roo as long as you continue to own and control the NFT. You may assign some of these rights to other commercial projects (e.g., Punks Comics), but any future transfer of your NFT will be subject to those rights that you have already assigned. You can put your Roo on clothing and merchandise, include them in video games and video projects, and generally do whatever you want with your Roo. But, you cannot use the names in paragraph (2) on any commercial product unless connected directly to the Roo(s) you own. You agree not to use your Roo in any project or derivative work that involves hate speech, racism, pornography, or any other illegal content.
5. You can make derivative works. We want you to feel empowered to create new projects and uses for your Roo.. You have the right to make derivative works of your Roo so long as you own the Roo at the time of creation. Additionally, you may assign those rights to other artists, creatives, or third-party projects so long as you own the Roo at the time you grant such permissive use.
6. Unrestricted third party uses. Nothing in these terms are meant to limit you or a third party from (i) owning or operating an NFT marketplace that permits the use or sale of the Roos, so long as the marketplace cryptographically verifies the ownership of the NFT to ensure that only the owner can use and display their Roo; and (ii) owning or operating a third party website or application that permits the inclusion or involvement of the Roos generally, provided that the website or application verifies the ownership of the NFT to ensure that only the owner can use and display their Roo. Furthermore, nothing in this TOS is meant to restrict a third party website’s ability to build tools which track traits or sales.
7. Limitations of Liability for Gas, Failed Transactions, Smart Contract Bugs. We have worked very hard to make sure that there are no bugs in our smart contract and that our initial NFT launch is smooth. However, sometimes things do not go as planned. You agree to hold RCS harmless for any losses you may incur as a consequence of minting your NFT. These potential losses include gas fees for failed transactions, excessive gas fees charged due to website or smart contract bugs, and any loss of your NFT due to website or smart contract bugs.
8. No Guarantees or Future Promises. RCS hopes to continue to develop this project and community. We have released a roadmap outlining some of the future goals we hope to accomplish. While we intend to work towards those goal; however, unforeseen events do occur. Therefore, RCS cannot guarantee that this original project will sell out entirely, which could lead to abandonment of future developments of the roadmap and/or future plans.
9. You agree that your purchase of a Roo from the initial sale is the only guarantee. Any future potential airdrops, interactive games, community wallet, community gatherings, or other benefits are ancillary to this purchase and should not be taken into consideration with your initial purchase. In other words, you agree that you are not relying on any future commitments by RCS while participating in the initial launch.
10. Roos are not intended as investments. Roo NFTs are meant to be a fun avatar and Non-Fungible Token for you to collect. They are not meant as investment vehicles. We make absolutely no promise or guarantee that these NFTs will be worth anything. You understand that they have no inherent monetary value, and they should be treated as nothing more than a fun and creative collectible.
11. Roos and the RCS are not targeted towards minors. You agree that you are at least 18 years old in the United States or the legal age of an adult in your jurisdiction.
12. You are entirely responsible for any tax liability which may arise from minting and/or reselling your Roo NFTs.
13. You agree to waive any class action status, and any legal dispute around the RCS project. All legal action must be done on an individual basis.
14. In the event that a legal dispute arises from anything related to the RCS project, you agree to binding arbitration. All claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the state of Michigan of the United States of America. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
15. Jurisdiction and Choice of Law. You agree that for purposes of any legal dispute, you will be subject to the jurisdiction of the State of MIchigan, United States of America. Any legal proceeding will be brought in Michigan.
17. Charity. Five percent (5%) of profits (net revenue) from the initial drop will be donated to charity. Although there will be community involvement, RCS has the final determination as to the amount(s) of money donated to the selected charity/charities. All collected money will be donated to the charity/charities - RCS will not use any of the money for executive/administrative expenses such as overhead, marketing, salary, etc.
18. In closing, the Roos only succeed with community support. We look forward to expanding the community well beyond the initial drop.